The basic requirement for admission to a Strayer University executive graduate certificate or master’s degree program is completion of a baccalaureate degree with a cumulative GPA of 2.50 from an accredited institution. Where the degree has not yet been issued due to institutions only conferring degrees at certain times during the year, a letter from the registrar of the institution confirming that the degree requirements were completed prior to the start of the graduate degree will need to be presented, and followed by submission of the degree or transcript showing degree conferral when available. International students applying for graduate admission must hold, at a minimum, the equivalent of a United States baccalaureate degree.
Strayer University strives to maintain a diverse student body; all undergraduate academic majors will be considered. Candidates who have not earned degrees from appropriate fields of study or who do not meet professional experience requirements may be required to take additional coursework (undergraduate/graduate) as a prerequisite for completing the program. Program prerequisites will be determined during the evaluation process.
Strayer requires your correct identifying number to file certain information returns with the IRS and to furnish a statement to you. For students, this will be your social security number (SSN) or, if you are not eligible to obtain an SSN, your individual taxpayer identification number (TIN). Please note that if you are a non-resident alien and do not have income that is subject to tax, you are not required to supply this information to us. Failure to provide your correct identifying number could result in a penalty from the IRS imposed on each incorrect document.
- Candidates for a master’s degree or an executive graduate certificate program (excluding JWMI) must provide the Admissions Office with all of the following:
- Completed application form available on www.strayer.edu and an enrollment agreement as applicable (varies by state);
- A valid, current government-issued photo identification;
- Documentation of completion of a baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution, or approved equivalent;
- Official transcripts from all colleges or universities attended, both undergraduate and graduate;
- Evidence of graduate potential; A Graduate student applicant may demonstrate evidence of graduate potential by satisfactory performance in at least one of the following:
i. A 2.50 undergraduate grade point average on a 4.0 scale in a completed bachelor's degree program from a regionally accredited institution.
ii. Completion of a Graduate Certificate program at a regionally accredited institution or Completion of at least 9.0 quarter hours or equivalent of graduate level coursework at a regionally accredited institution with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
iii. Successful completion of an Advanced Professional Military Education program for military officers that is accredited for graduate academic credit by the American Council on Education (ACE).
iv. Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT)—minimum acceptable cumulative score of 450 on the GMAT taken within the last five years. Information about this test can be obtained through their web site (www.gmat.org) or by writing to: Graduate Management Admission Test Educational Testing Service, P.O. Box 6103, Princeton, NJ 08541-6103.
v. Graduate Record Examination (GRE)—minimum acceptable cumulative score of 1000 on the GRE taken within the last five years. Information can be obtained through their web site (www.gre.org) or by writing to: Graduate Record Examinations Educational Testing Service, P.O. Box 6000, Princeton, NJ 08541-6000.
vi. At least three years of professional experience in a leadership, management, or problem-solving role. Admission on this basis requires approval from the Campus Dean after review of a resume, written statement explaining an applicant’s professional experience and acknowledgment of maintaining Strayer’s minimum GPA requirements.
- Candidates for the Jack Welch Management Institute (JWMI), Executive Master of Business Administration, must provide the following for admission:
- A completed application and enrollment agreement, as applicable
- A valid current government-issued photo identification;
- Documentation of completion of a baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution with a 3.0 or more grade point average (GPA) on a 4.0 scale;
- A 3.0 undergraduate grade point average (GPA) on a 4.0 scale;
- A minimum of five years professional experience;
- Resume or LinkedIn profile;
- Personal Essay;
- Evidence of graduate potential. In addition to the above, special consideration may be given to applicants who do not meet minimum GPA requirements but show graduate potential and have a minimum of five years of professional or business experience. A personal interview with the Dean may be required;
i. Students transferring from one of Strayer University’s graduate degree programs to the Jack Welch Management Institute must be in satisfactory standing with the University at the start of the first quarter in which they are enrolled.
- Candidates for the Master of Science in Nursing program must also provide:
- Documentation of completion of a Bachelor of Science in Nursing Degree (BSN) from an accredited institution. International students applying for graduate admission must hold the equivalent of a United States Bachelor of Science in Nursing Degree (BSN).
- Active, unencumbered RN license from a state where the RN to BSN program is currently offered and where the student is able to complete the clinical requirements of the program.
- Completed FERPA Release Form regarding disclosures of information to the applicant’s state board(s) of nursing and to Experiential Learning Activity Sites.