General International Student Policies
All international students, regardless of visa type, are individually responsible for ensuring that they are in good standing with the U.S. immigration authorities.
- Students entering the country for classes for the first time must register in person and present an original visa, passport, I-94 print out and stamped I-20.
- Transfer students must register in person for their first quarter and present valid identification.
- A registration hold will be placed on all new and transfer student accounts and accounts of students who have fallen out of status. Such a registration hold can only be released by International Student Services.
- Students on a H1-B visa must submit an employment verification letter at the start of each quarter.
- Students who register pending adjudication of an application for Permanent Resident status must log in to the USCIS website each quarter, enter their I-485 Receipt Tracking Number and present a receipt of this transaction at the time of registration.