2016-2017 Catalog

General International Student Policies

All international students, regardless of visa type, are individually responsible for ensuring that they are in good standing with the U.S. immigration authorities.

  1. Students entering the country for classes for the first time must register in person and present an original visa, passport, I-94 print out and stamped I-20.
  2. Transfer students must register in person for their first quarter and present valid identification.
  3. A registration hold will be placed on all new and transfer student accounts and accounts of students who have fallen out of status. Such a registration hold can only be released by International Student Services.
  4. Students on a H1-B visa must submit an employment verification letter at the start of each quarter.
  5. Students who register pending adjudication of an application for Permanent Resident status must log in to the USCIS website each quarter, enter their I-485 Receipt Tracking Number and present a receipt of this transaction at the time of registration.