Student Handbook


Students who have not maintained their F-1 status must apply for reinstatement with USCIS in order to be eligible to continue their studies at the University. Students are not eligible for reinstatement if they have held unauthorized employment, have been out of F-1 status for over five months, or are in deportation proceedings. Students must be enrolled full-time in order to apply for reinstatement with USCIS. Students may obtain the necessary forms required for reinstatement from their home Campus.

In addition, they must write a letter to the USCIS explaining the reason for their being out of status and supply supporting documentation. Students may also be reinstated by traveling and reentering the United States with a new I-20. After verification of eligibility of academic study and financial support, the International Student Visa Specialist may issue a new I-20 prior to the travel.